We seek trained/qualified makeup artists to join our mobile/salon makeup team. The successful applicant will be responsible for applying makeup mainly on women of colour. Special events such as weddings or photo shoots may be attended. This role involves working independently or as part of a team (when there is a large booking).
The ability to style Afro natural hair will be a huge advantage.
Applicants need to have the following skills;
- The ability to provide clients with advice on managing their skin care regime
- The ability to apply makeup to clients – such as mascara, lipstick
- Able to confidently use established brands such as MAC, Bobby Brow and/or Estee Lauder
- Have the confidence to work in a variety of settings
- Use setting spray to enhance the makeup look
- The ability to match the clients skin colour to the appropriate colour palette
- Work in a timely manner and be friendly towards the client at all times
- Teach makeup and beauty tips in a workshop setting (optional)
- Be aware of health and safety when using makeup
We do require that our makeup artists use their own tool kit.
We are ideally seeking applicants who have a qualification in NVQ or equivalent. In addition, our main priority is finding applicants who are passionate about Afro-Caribbean skin.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract, Permanent
- makeup: 1 year