City of London
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced maintenance assistant / handyman / handywoman to take on this fantastic challenge at one of our busiest hostels.
As a handy person you’ll work at our site and perform a range of proactive and reactive maintenance tasks to ensure our hostel remains in ‘tip top’ condition. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Identifying repairs and maintenance required.
- Repairs to bunk beds and furniture.
- Changing of light fittings.
- General painting, decorating and repairs.
- Undertaking fire safety checks.
- Door and lock maintenance.
- Ensuring that all maintenance operations, specifications and contracts meet corporate, legal and regulatory standards.
Please note that evening and weekend work will be required.
We are looking for an individual who has worked within a maintenance / handyperson role and has experience of undertaking the duties specified above.
You’ll be a customer focused individual with a passion for delivering excellent standards and you’ll play your part in maintaining all aspects of the hostel to ensure that our new guests to arrive to a flawless site every time.
You’ll work hard for us and here’s what we’ll offer in return:
- Health & Well-being; BUPA health cash plan, discounted gym membership, cashback and discounts at hundreds of high street/online shops….
- Work & Development; Flexible working opportunities, support with continual learning and development, a generous annual leave allocation…
- Unique to YHA; The chance to work in amazing locations, 10 free Hostel stays per year (for you and up to three guests), 5 days volunteering per year, FREE YHA Membership and more!
Working hours: 42.5 – 42.5 hours
Accommodation is not provided as part of the contract