We are looking for a Recruitment and Student Coordinator to join our team.
SWAT UK is one of the leading providers of training and consultancy services to the accountancy profession. In addition to running a wide range of accountancy courses in venues throughout England and Wales, as well as online, we also provide consultancy and compliance support to accountancy firms. SWAT UK is a dynamic, forward-thinking business and our mission statement is to improve the economic well-being and quality of life of clients and staff. Although we expect the very highest standards from all our staff, we are a friendly team where everyone is working towards the common goal of driving the firm forward. If you are looking to be part of a team in which everyone’s contribution plays a vital role in the company’s success, then we would love to hear from you.
SWAT UK is part of Wilmington plc Professional Division.
Main Purpose of Role
SWAT specialises in Graduate recruitment and monitoring for numerous firms of chartered accountants. The role holder will be responsible for running the Graduate recruitment activity and supporting the on-going professional training of Graduates that we place with accountancy firms.
- First point of contact for general recruitment enquiries received by phone and/or website
- Process recruitment application forms, ensuring all information is recorded on the company’s main database and internal stats reports
- Screening and selection of applicants who meet the relevant criteria.
- Responsible for the end to end co-ordination of Selection Days from booking rooms, inviting applicants and ensuring the smooth running of the Selection Day
- Interviewing of candidates and matching of successful candidates to the Accountancy firms we recruit for
- Refer successful candidates to Accountancy firms and follow up on their progress once they commence their placement
- Develop strong relationships with the Accountancy firms to develop an understanding of the number of Graduates needed in each intake, plus the skills and cultural fit needed by each firm
- Attend Recruitment meetings/Exhibition fairs around the country, to raise the profile of a career in Accountancy and attract candidates
- Update and circulate annual Salary Survey amongst the Accountancy firms we recruit Graduates for
- Reporting on a variety of measures including application numbers, selection day feedback and offer to acceptance ratios
Student Administration & Monitoring
- Working with the Student Monitoring Coordinator to:
- Arrange student course bookings with external provides for ACA & ACCA accountancy qualifications
- Deal with incoming enquiries from firms, training partners, students and tuition providers
- Maintain student information on company database, including up to date contact details, course bookings and exam information
- Conduct progress reviews with Accountancy firms to understand how their Graduates are progressing, including reporting on exam results
- Liaise with students to ensure they are progressing with their professional training and assist with the timely resolution of any problems between Graduates and tuition providers
- Attend different professional bodies and tuition provider for Accountancy qualification update
- Work closely with the marketing department to provide information to help promote the Graduate recruitment and monitoring services
- Remain up-to-date with recruitment best practice
- Continuous improvement of Graduate recruitment and monitoring processes
- Assist colleagues and be available to cover reception for breaks or annual leave as required
- Other duties as required to assist with the smooth running of the business
Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a recruitment & administrative role
- Previous exposure to a client-facing role
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of groups including but not exclusive to: potential and existing clients, professional bodies, training providers and students
- Flexible approach to workload with the ability to work independently and manage own time and conflicting pressures
- Ability to troubleshoot and make decisions quickly and confidently
- Excellent communications skills – written and oral with high level of accuracy in written work including data entry
- Excellent team working skills – both locally and across other offices
- 5 GCSEs grade C+ (or equivilant) including English and Maths
- Experience of databases and Microsoft IT packages – Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent telephone skills
- Professionally presented.
- Knowledge of a professional services company, preferably accountancy.
- Interview skills
- Experience of manning training courses and facilitating student selection/assessment days
- Experience of organising meetings and minute taking
- Willing and able to learn new skills and software packages when required