The shop sales assistant’s role is to provide assistance and excellent customer service to the customers of Longdan. A Home of Oriental Speciality Foods we are looking for energetic sales assistants to join our friendly team. You will be someone who wants to use your skills in a fast moving environment, to help customers find what they want and bring a taste of the orient to them.
Your responsibilities include the smooth running of the shop and maintaining the shop standards. Main responsibilities will be:
- Receiving and checking deliveries, unpack, re-shelve or storing stock – heavy lifting involved.
- Greet customers appropriately and determine the customer’s wants/needs
- Assist the customers in locating and selecting merchandise within the store.
- Offer advice by demonstrating knowledge on products, prices and stock availability
- Assisting in regular stock checks and stock takes.
- Assist in changing displays of shop stock.
- Accepting payments for purchases at POS terminals.
- Vigilant at all times.
We are looking for people with previous retail experience, willing to work hard and learn quickly.
The ideal candidate needs to be reliable, punctual, trustworthy, hardworking and a flexible attitude. You must enjoy working with the public in a polite and helpful manner. Must be a good team player and flexible in regards to working hours and weekends. Be able to communicate in English. Candidates must be eligible to work in U.K